Overall Purpose of Job
A multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy with a a strong and well-established Property Asset Management Department both nationally and in their growing regional Manchester office.
Acting for investors and occupiers in the office, industrial and retail markets in managing a cross-section of commercial property types, they combine experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national and international portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
As a consequence of continued growth, we have been appointed to source a key individual to join the Property Asset Management team and our client is quite flexible as to the level of experience required being either Senior or Associate level in seniority. This is a true opportunity to join a growing regional team with the potential to advance your career within a short period of time.
Ideally, the candidate shall have a minimum of 2 years post RICS qualified property management experience, with solid proven experience of managing assets/portfolios for individual investors, property companies and institutions.
The successful candidate shall be involved in the following duties under this role:
· Manage the transition of new client/properties and the setting up of new instructions and portfolios
· Take a very “hands on” proactive role in property management
· Carry out regular property inspections
· Be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
· Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
· Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data
· Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
· Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and options and assisting with an implementation strategy
· Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the central credit control team
· Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Draft review and approve service charge budgets
· Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
· Liaise with the building managers and regional facilities managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained, at all times
· Approve service charge reconciliations
· Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
· Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
· Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients
· Building strong working relationship with the existing clients
The above list is not exhaustive and the surveyor may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Current/Previous experience in the Property Management sector is essential and all applicants shall possess, amongst other skills, the following attributes:
· Have a high attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level;
· Be a team player;
· Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills;
· Show the ability to cross sell other services within the organisation;
· Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with minimal supervision;
· Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic;
· A desire to progress and the potential to generate new business
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL ABILITIES
· MRICS (GP) Qualified
· Numerate and technically competent
· Strong attention to detail and a practical pragmatic common sense approach to management
· Ability to deal with challenging mandates and coping with a high work load
· Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
· Full, clean driving licence
My client offers real scope for career development within a niche regional team to a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the true market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 for further information.