My client is a reputable leading consultancy in the Built Environment that are continuing to grow nationally, they have several offices across the UK and due to the increasing work load a great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Structural Engineer to be based in Manchester. The candidate will ideally have varied experience including projects in the following sectors; commercial, leisure, residential and education sectors. In return will be a competitive salary and benefits package and a fantastic opportunity to progress your career. If you are an ambitious Engineer looking to progress your career within a friendly yet professional environment, then this would be a great fit for you.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) ;
- Working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil & structural engineering projects
- Able to organise delivery of structures, drainage and highways elements of projects
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of design delivery programmes
- Analyse design of building structures, progressing to overall design of structures.
- Responsible for the development of structural engineering designs and ensuring delivery of production information to effectively communicate design requirements
- Responsible for managing CAD / REVIT technicians to ensure appropriate level of design information is included on production information
- Ability to develop structural designs using Design/Analysis software.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings
- Involvement in internal and project design meetings.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1)
A professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent
Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.