Are you interested in helping shape the real estate requirements for exciting dynamic national occupiers?
My client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy and the opportunity provides for a Senior Surveyor to undertake wide-ranging property management activities for an existing Corporate/Blue Chip client from the Birmingham office, or close to Newbury.
Working within the Real Estate Management Team, you will collaborate and deliver estate management services in accordance with dedicated client expectations. You will support the Head of Estates and Account Director by providing advice and discharging their responsibilities in a competent and professional manner, whilst also contributing to training, development and succession planning.
In addition, you will also identify opportunities and bring these to the attention of the Head of Estates, where possible.
Client & Delivery
- Manage operational part of client business and any tenants, being primary point of contact for them, deal promptly with applications for approval and inspect properties to check on lease compliance, rating opportunities, maintenance & health and safety matters, ensuring operations remain unaffected by property matters
- Help advise and report on all property\lease related matters usually via appointed agents from within the firm and/or liaising with third party suppliers (e.g. solicitors) to ensure that interaction is at the level expected by the client
- Assist with implementation of account governance programme across all service lines to ensure service delivery in line with client expectations and contract requirements. This includes providing transactional activity information via WIP meetings/ calls.
- Liaise frequently and directly with client contacts both remotely and on-site
- Delivery of monthly Account Review with key client stakeholders. This requires collating information from key service lines and having a broad awareness of account activity.
- Ownership and understanding of the UK KPIs, how the KPIs are measured and implement resolution plans with the appropriate skill line lead when the performance falls below what is expected.
- Supporting the UK Account Director on both internal and client matters by developing a strong understanding of the contract and the scope of services to be delivered.
- Develop an understanding of the client property portfolios and the key issues that will impact each property type.
- Liaise with other areas of business as required and cross-refer and manage activities across other skill lines within the business in order to fulfill the service delivery requirements for the client
- Ensure that all property data is kept up to date in a timely and accurate fashion
Profit & Finance
- Help to achieve fee targets through billings and ensuring fees paid on time
- Producing account fee forecasts both for internal revenue tracking and client budgeting purposes
- Identify opportunities with clients for additional fee income
- Identifies solutions that reduce expenses
Business Generation, Execution and/or enablement
- Uses knowledge of the business, along with relevant systems and procedures to support others and contribute to company and client objectives in achieving their financial, business and client goals.
- Uses all available internal resources, systems and tools to help increase team productivity.
- Identifies and improves processes, systems and work products to continually exceed internal and external client expectations.
- Seeks assignments and welcomes challenging activities.
- Delivers innovation by looking for and suggesting new ways to differentiate company services from the competition.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying, recommending and pursuing new opportunities.
- Contributes to financial success by delivering on financial objectives.
- Achieves the business plan by applying relevant systems, procedures, business knowledge to maximize resources and deliver role objectives.
- Supports new business generation with knowledge and experience advice where required.
Leadership and Management
- Creates collaborative opportunities and communicates proactively with all relevant levels of the organisation to obtain and share information.
- Appreciates diversity, recognising the needs and welcomes the unique contribution of all colleagues and clients.
- Understands the client’s needs by actively listens to requests from internal and external clients and provides timely assistance with careful attention to detail and effective solutions.
- Enables performance by encouraging and supporting peers, colleagues and team through constructive feedback, workload management and transfer of knowledge.
- Owns own development by building own skills by consistently pursing growth opportunities; seeks a mentor and is willing to coach colleagues.
- Supports and implements change by embracing change and takes action to fulfil new plans or changes in directions; revaluates existing processes.
- Acts as the client and vendor relationship manager and develops client and vendor engagement.
- Courageous by sharing timely and tactful opinions and sharing constructive feedback to others.
- Supports and develops early talent.
- Demonstrates personal leadership by prioritising their own workload to accomplish duties effectively; obtains assistance from others as needed.
- Decisive and addresses issues/queries quickly and accurately that clients value.
- Makes informed decisions and takes responsibility for outcomes.
- Supports colleagues in meeting the client’s needs.
- Good understanding of H&S and risk awareness.
- Forecasts and evaluates commercial and financial risks together with the identification of procedures to avoid or minimize their impact.
- Establishes credibility by staying current in own field and pursues opportunities to demonstrate expertise (SME) and share knowledge.
- Communicates proactively with all relevant levels of the organisation to obtain and share information.
- Actively listens to determine clients' most critical business needs.
- Uses knowledge of their client and their objectives to deliver excellent service through timely and effective solutions
- Degree level qualification
- General practice background for either a corporate, public sector or private practice
- Rounded experience of general surveying skills
- Property Management experience preferred
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role
- Demonstrable understanding of market sector knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the real estate industry
- Financial awareness
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- High level of numerical reasoning and analytical skills
- Proactive and energetic
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Presentation experience
- Good communicator
- Be able to effectively prioritise own workload
- Report writing skills
- Team player
- Excellent command of written/verbal English
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to Andrew Kingsley, Director on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0121 796 8460 for further information.