My client is a multi disciplinary international surveying consultancy and as a result of significant workload, they are looking to recruit either a Senior Surveyor or Associate to join their Newcastle office.
The Newcastle office lease consultancy position forms part of the national lease consultancy team. The position will be to head the offer from the Newcastle office and provide rent review, lease renewal and related advice on primarily office, retail and industrial property throughout the North East markets although work further afield takes place when appropriate. This will involve close liaison with the teams in Scotland, Leeds and Manchester.
Our client also supports and advises clients on break clauses, lease restructuring, dilapidations and other leasehold related matters as well as providing strategic advice. The company culture is highly professional, dynamic and fixated with delivering marketing solutions of the very highest standards of excellence to all their clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record in the lease consultancy marketplace. With the ability to add value to our fee revenue, you will have the drive and initiative to work with limited supervision to assist in the development of the work within the retail, office and industrial sectors.
Your interpersonal skills will be above average with the ability to build effective relationships. Above all, you will display initiative and a commitment to delivering quality, which consistently exceeds clients’ expectations. You must have proven relational/interpersonal skills and possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm and commercial acumen, able to command the confidence and respect of the business and suppliers.
The key responsibilities and aspects of this varied role will include:
- Client focused role ensuring accurate and timely delivery of service;
- Providing a lease consultancy service to public and private sector clients;
- Assisting in general commercial work;
- Working closely with agency teams.
Required Skills and Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join our clients’ Lease Consultancy team and the successful individual must meet the following criteria;
- RICS qualification;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate in Microsoft Office & Excel
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in the Lease Consultancy Market
- IT Literate
- Excellent organisation, communication and client interfacing skills
- Up to £50,000 DOE
- Generous Car Allowance, up to £6,099 DOE
- Life assurance - 3 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension (For more information please email me)
- Staff Profit Share (discretionary bonus)
- Private medical cover
- Income protection insurance 50% of base salary
- Season ticket loan
- Option to choose from a range of benefits to suit such as Gymflex, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work, Dental insurance and more.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.