Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
My client is a multi disciplinary international surveying consultancy who is recruiting for a Senior Valuation Surveyor to join their London Valuation Consultancy team which is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions.
The role will be focused on London and the South East region and will cover all of the main commercial sectors. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, viability and general advisory purposes and will include primarily the valuation of commercial and residential premises, and development properties.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for director review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional and the individual shall enjoy responding to challenges, be excited by meeting the toughest targets and relish working at the leading edge. The firm places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. My client will support career progression through development programmes and experience gained.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To achieve the timely preparation and delivery of valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality;
- To work independently within a team context;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with QA procedures;
- To observe and implement the company procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To identify opportunities for business growth and help grow the business;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction.
Required Skills and Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join our clients’ Retail Team. The successful individual must meet the following criteria;
- RICS qualification;
- RICS Registered Valuer;
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development, owner occupied and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev and Argus Investor;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Up to £48k basic salary, DOE
- Generous Car Allowance, dependent upon level
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Performance related bonus
- Usual pension/healthcare provisions that you would expect
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.