£30k - £35k plus car allowance
10 months ago
We are delighted to be working with a nationally recognised leading Independent Consultancy that specialises in planning, design, environment and economics as they continue to attract exceptional talent into their expanding teams.
Working across a number of high profile sectors with a range of clients nationally; you will be a part of professional team that is known for delivery of architectural and urban design solutions to excellent standards.
- Understanding the urban masterplan/design project and conducting research into relevant technical urban design and planning issues.
- Undertake the preparation of plans and drawings, together with design and access statements and other documents (as required under the direction of the project associate or director).
- Work alongside project teams throughout the design process from brief development to site analysis, design development and the preparation of outline and detailed planning applications.
- The opportunity to have a growing responsibility for managing the project as instructed by the project associate or director.
- Demonstrate effective communication, attending meetings and public consultation events. Developing client relationships.
- Have an increasing responsibility for the financial management of projects as you progress.
- Excellent design skills with an ability to resolve the diverse technical requirements of the project with the aspirations of place making.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well either individually or collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent presentation skills with a growing ability to undertake presentations to a range of audiences.
- Able to use a variety of media in the design development and documentation of a design project.
- Ability to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Good hand drawings skills and / or ability to use some of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Vectorworks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Degree level or equivalent with a post graduate qualification in Urban Design preferred.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team, with exposure to leading projects.
- Knowledge of current planning issues and regulatory framework
If you are looking to join an organisation that invests in its people, helps you to develop your career and has a nationally respected reputation then this is a role worth talking about.