CIRCA £35K (DOE) Plus Benefits
3 months ago
Overall Purpose of Job
My client is a multi disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Property Valuation Department in their Manchester office. The team is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions from bank and local authority clients. Consequently, they are looking to appoint a Senior (Registered) Valuation Surveyor.
The role will be focused on the North West and will cover all the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties but will also include the valuation of public sector and residential led mixed use development sites.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for the Director to review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on training and educating staff including drawing up personal development plans and offering in depth appraisals. They will support career progression through development programs and experience gained.
Therefore, my client is offering an excellent opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes. We also encourage direct contact with clients and expect team members to act as ambassadors of the firm at all times and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To achieve the timely preparation and delivery of valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality
- To work independently within a team context
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with QA procedures
- To observe and implement company procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements, particularly those within the ‘Red Book’
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business
- To identify opportunities for business growth and help grow the business
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS qualification (2-5 years PQE);
- Will be RICS Registered Valuer accredited;
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Prodev, Argus Investor and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.