£35 to £40k doe
5 months ago
Job Title: Associate Solicitor, Family/Matrimonial Department
Responsible to: Head of Department
- To provide legal advice within his or her area of expertise to clients, resulting in a satisfactory profitable outcome.
- Meet agreed personal target
- Supervise and develop secretarial support staff
- Consistently provide high quality service to clients
- Consistently bring matters to satisfactory, profitable conclusions
- Generate new business with existing and new clients
- Keep up to date with new legislation
- Record agreed chargeable hours daily
- Contentious Legal matters
- Attend surgeries at police federations as required
- Take instructions within area of expertise
- Interview clients and witnesses
- Preparing Statements
- Drafting documents/pleadings
- Instructing Expert Counsel
- Pursuing cases through correspondence and/or Court proceedings
- Negotiating on behalf of the clients by telephone and correspondence
- Advocacy before Magistrates/County/Coroner’s courts and other tribunals (as required)
- Claiming and receiving costs, reporting to clients
- Carry out file reviews as specified by the Practice Manager or Head of Department
- Ensure matters are carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice and the client’s instructions.
- Communicate with the client and keep the Head of Department informed of any matters, which would vary the terms of reference or otherwise cause concern.
- Extend the instruction where this would be to the client’s advantage.
- Promotes the full range of services available to clients and potential clients.
- Meets with potential clients and prepares a detailed proposal letter and case plan.
- Seeks opportunities to promote the Practice by identifying and helping to develop new expertise and fields of activity.
- Agree fees with the clients and prepare bills for submission on a regular basis.
- Aid the career development of secretarial support staff by thoughtful allocation of tasks and constructive critical supervision.
- Ensure that matters are run efficiently.
- Accurately bill clients on a regular basis.
- Achieve and record required CPD to meet SRA guidelines.
- Supervise and develop technical expertise of secretarial support staff.
- Deputise for other fee-earners as appropriate