This team advises and represents companies and individuals across the UK facing the threat of investigation and prosecution by police, Health and Safety Executive, local authorities, EA, DEFRA, OFCOM, OFSTED, CQC and professional regulators.
This includes many high profile serious and fatal accident investigations and prosecutions.
The successful candidate will be working alongside a reputable senior associate who has been with the firm since qualification and reporting into the head of the regulatory team and specialist in this field.
- Assist in conducting a wide range of regulatory work, both responsive and proactive
- Court preparation and attendance – both with and without counsel
- Providing investigation and interview assistance to corporate clients
- Providing proactive advice to clients as to regulatory requirements that apply to their activities
- Developing client contacts and work prospects through client events, networking and social media
- Qualified Solicitor or equivalent (e.g. Legal Executive)
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory/criminal practice including:
- Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and related regulations and guidelines
- Environmental Protection Act 1990 and related regulations and guidelines
- Police & Criminal Evidence Act 1984, particularly interviews under caution
- Criminal Procedure Rules 2015
- Consumer protection legislation
- Familiarity with insurers, brokers and related procedural requirements (e.g. SLAs etc)
- Commercial awareness both in relation to client interests and individual and team performance
- The ability to deliver technically accurate and appropriate advice to clients, colleagues and others
- Business development aptitude to promote Hill Dickinson and the Regulatory department through networking and business development activities
- Adherence to deadlines, guidelines and procedures (client and internal)
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
Our client offers an exceptional renumeration and benefits package for the right candidate.