An exciting opportunity for a SOLICITOR / ASSOCIATE (COMMERCIAL PROPERTY) to join a leading, international law firm with offices across the globe.
They are flexible on location for the right candidate and can offer either Manchester or Liverpool.
To manage a varied caseload within the Property Litigation team from inception to conclusion.
- Managing a caseload (for example rent arrears claims, possession actions and Landlord and Tenant Act applications)
- Client liaison in writing and over the telephone
- Communicate in writing and by telephone with solicitors, courts and all other interested parties
- Drafting documents
- Business development
- Instructing Counsel and experts
- Preparation of reports to clients
- Negotiating with the other side
- Undertake appropriate additional tasks provided by the Team Leader
- Generally assisting senior solicitors and partners with their work load including preparing court bundles, general court diary management, obtaining information from the Land Registry/conducting investigations and reviewing files, deeds and legal research
- Knowledge, experience and interest in the property sector and property law is essential – including having undertaken a minimum 6-month training seat in property and also a litigation seat (whether property litigation or commercial litigation)
- Good IT skills
- Previous experience of managing a caseload
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan work appropriately so that deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional and positive attitude towards work
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients’ needs/expectations
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:30
Department: Property Litigation
On offer is a generous salary, commensurate with experience, along with a market-leading benefits package and an opportunity to work with a world-leading law firm.
Contact Kathryn@kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion - 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799