Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Are you an experienced Clinical Negligence Solicitor/ CiLEX / Litigator?
Do you aspire to work with one of the world’s leading law firms?
We have been instructed on an exciting new position within their health litigation team, to be based in their Merseyside offices.
Brief Job description
This firm’s health litigation team is looking for an associate solicitor to join them to run a full caseload of clinical negligence claims for NHS Resolution (formerly NHS Litigation Authority),
NHS Trusts and other defendant clinical negligence clients. They have recently been re-appointed to the NHS Resolution clinical Panel and undertake work for the Medical Protection Society.
This role will suit a motivated ambitious solicitor with experience of the health sector.
Job Title: Associate
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Department: Health Litigation
Duties may include but are not limited to:
To run a caseload of clinical negligence files to include:
- Drafting reports to the NHS Resolution
- Interviewing witnesses
- Drafting witness statements
- Instructing experts
- Instructing counsel
- Attend Court for Case Management Conferences and Application Hearings
- Negotiate settlements
- Hold conferences with Counsel
- Prepare for and attend trials and mediations
- Cover secondments to NHS Resolution and local hospital Trusts
- Assist colleagues in the running of higher value claims
- Draft articles for clients
- Cover free advice clinics at local hospital Trusts
- Give client training and presentations
- Supervising and coaching junior members of the team
- Law degree, or equivalent
- Defendant Clinical negligence experience at a NHSR Panel firm or MPS experience is essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients’ needs/expectations
- Adheres to guidelines and client protocols/KPIs
- Proactive pragmatic approach with focus on quality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrate high level of IT skills to ensure compliance with client data security requirement
A market-leading salary (negotiable dependent upon experience)
An extensive benefits package
Contact Kathryn@kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion - 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799