Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Exciting new opportunity has arisen with a Merseyside firm for a Solicitor/ Fee Earner in their leading personal injury Holiday Illness department. The firm have been established more than 30 years and have grown and diversified in this time to now provide services across multiple disciplines, including Family, Private client, Conveyancing, Personal injury, Commercial law, Clinical negligence, Criminal law and Litigation. They have a solid reputation of providing quality legal advice to the communities of Liverpool since the nineties and to this day remain committed to providing an exceptional level of service to the people of Liverpool from its three local offices.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within the personal injury sector and will join a highly professional and motivated department of a leading law firm, where they will be responsible for a case load of holiday illness cases from inception through to settlement. Experience of running issued files to trial is necessary.
Whilst previous experience of dealing with Holiday Illness claims is desirable, full training will be provided and applicants with experience in other areas of personal injury will be considered.
The role will primarily be:
- Running caseload of Holiday illness claims including litigated cases through to trial
- Obtaining instructions from clients and drafting detailed witness statements
- Assessing prospects and vetting new claims
- Reviewing and valuing quantum
- Reviewing disclosure from Defendants
- Instructing and liaising Counsel and medical agencies
- Drafting Court documents and complying with Court directions
- Preparing cases for Trial
- Skills, Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working within the personal injury sector on litigated claims
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and Court timetables
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet targets
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid Holidays and bonus structure
- Monday – Friday hours, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Good Work/Life Balance
- Social employee events