£30k - £40k
10 months ago
High performing, national property consultancy is looking for a Structural Engineer to deliver diverse and cutting-edge projects across the North West.
Leading the way
People are at the heart of this company, which is one of the reasons they’ve grown to be amongst the country’s utmost respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. They operate in several sectors and can thought of as a truly multi-disciplinary practice. Their expanding business offers exceptional rapid career prospects and opportunities.
Expectations of the role
Although this company have a nationwide presence, you’ll be based out of an office in near Manchester. You’ll be in control of several projects, key duties include; preparing designs, estimates, calculations, specifications & drawings. Helping to develop new business is also an important part of the role.
Other responsibilities are as follows;
- Undertake schedules of dilapidations, improvement schemes, drawings, specifications, insurance reinstatements schemes and structural surveys
- Take responsibility for completing planned work programmes and projects to timeframes and within budget
- Handle all on ground collapse incidents
- Recognise new business opportunities
- Ensure day to day maintenance expenditure to pre-set targets.
- Supervise works to completion including agreeing interim and final accounts.
- Handle correspondence and telephone calls, including complaints and queries from third parties, members of the public, tenants, councillors and MP’s
- Lead the way in promoting a continuous improvement culture
- Develop a strong rapport with clients
- Respond to emergency requests for action or advice regarding dangerous buildings
- Draft orders, prepare estimates, specifications, supervise contractors and check and approve accounts
You will have several years’ experience working within structural or civil engineering and have a degree (or similar) in engineering/construction etc.
You will have experience preparing designs, calculations, specifications, drawings and carrying out risk assessments on improvement, refurbishment and new build schemes.
A good head for business and strong customer focus will be useful, this company are always looking to improve the quality of the service they provide and the profitability of their operations.
So What’s On Offer?
This role gives you the chance to join a growing company that will develop you toward associate director. There is a salary of £30k - £40k, a decent package of benefits and 26 + 8 days holiday.
If this sounds like it might be for you click apply now! Alternatively get in touch directly;
We specialise in this industry and so it’s worth getting in touch anyway.
We can also offer a pretty decent referral fee if you know anyone who might be suitable give me a call and we can go from there.
The role is near Manchester and so suites anyone from; Bolton, Bury, Wigan, Leigh, St Helens, Warrington, Preston, Ormskirk, Skelmersdale, Southport or Liverpool