Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Contact us for a chat or upload your CV
Minimum 2 years of UK Structural Engineer experience is required to be considered for this role.
About the Company
High performing, national property consultancy is looking for a Structural Engineer to deliver diverse and cutting-edge projects across Manchester.
People are at the heart of this company, which is one of the reasons they’ve grown to be amongst the country’s utmost respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. They operate in several sectors and can be thought of as a truly multi-disciplinary practice. Their expanding business offers exceptional rapid career prospects and opportunities.
About the Role
Although this company have a nationwide presence, you’ll be based out of an office in Wigan. You’ll be in control of several projects, key duties include; preparing designs, estimates, calculations, specifications & drawings.
Other responsibilities are as follows;
- Undertake schedules of dilapidations, improvement schemes, drawings, specifications, insurance reinstatements schemes and structural surveys
- Take responsibility for completing planned work programmes and projects to timeframes and within budget
- Handle all on ground collapse incidents
- Ensure day to day maintenance expenditure to pre-set target
- Supervise works to completion including agreeing interim and final accounts
- Handle correspondence and telephone calls, including complaints and queries from third parties, members of the public, tenants, councillors and MP’s
- Respond to emergency requests for action or advice regarding dangerous buildings
- Draft orders, prepare estimates, specifications, supervise contractors and check and approve accounts
You will have at least 2 years of UK experience working as a Structural Engineer and have a degree (or similar) in Structural or Civil Engineering.
You will have experience preparing designs, calculations, specifications, drawings and carrying out risk assessments on improvement, refurbishment and new build schemes.
About the Money
This role gives you the chance to join a growing company that will develop you toward Associate Director. There is a salary of £30k - £40k, a decent package of benefits and 26 + 8 days holiday.
The role is based in Wigan and so suites anyone from; Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Leigh, St Helens, Warrington, Preston, Ormskirk, Skelmersdale, Southport or Liverpool.