Our client is a true global property consultancy and, on their behalf, we are currently looking for a Surveyor to join its’ Occupier Management team working within the local Council with their Estates Team which shall also include working form the clients’ London Offices for up to 2 days per week.
The Surveyor is required to provide Estates and Valuation services for the council’s operational and non-operational property portfolio.
You will deal with all aspects of the management of properties within the Council’s portfolio and provide support and assistance in the Council’s asset management and estate programme.
Within this role, you will deal with the disposal of surplus property, including assembling full information on properties, investigating their development potential, preparation of sales particulars, advertising, conducting viewings and analysis of offers received.
You will also carry out rent reviews and lease renewals, and undertake day to day management of the Council’s property portfolio including the inspection of properties and ordering of any repair/maintenance works as necessary, inspecting the work of maintenance contractors, ensuring that work is of an acceptable standard and is carried out within the appropriate timescale.
We are looking for people that have proven experience of working in a multi-disciplinary property environment, proven experience in property management of an extensive and diverse property portfolio and valuation of land and property.
You will be an excellent communicator, with impressive stakeholder management experience and the ability to work well under pressure. MRICS qualified also desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified surveyor to have exposure working with a fast-paced small team but with the backing of a large corporation
- Degree level qualification
- MRICS Qualified
- General Practice background for either a corporate, public sector or private practice
- Rounded experience of general surveying skills
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role
- Demonstrable understanding of market sector knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the real estate industry
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- High level of numerical reasoning and analytical skills
- Proactive and energetic
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Presentation experience
- Good communicator
- Be able to effectively prioritise own workload
- Report writing skills
- Team player
- Excellent command of written/verbal English
- Basic salary of circa £35,000 per annum
- Car allowance £3,250 per annum
- Car parking space provided
- Other benefits – tbc
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to Andrew Kingsley on email@example.com or call on 0203 817 7030 / 07879 413 765 (daytime, out of hours or text) for further information.