Our client is a national firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants with a network of nine offices that provides comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and their clients – including over 40 per cent of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country.
The Position & Team
This role sits within our Retail, Industrial and Offices (RIO) business group, specifically within the Retail team based in the West End of London.
The Retail Lease Consultancy team in the West End are made up of 6 individuals, inclusive of this position. The current team is made up of 2 Partners, 1 Associate, 1 Surveyor and a rotating Graduate (Assistant Surveyor).
The Retail team are now looking to recruit a qualified Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to undertake lease consultancy work.
- To carry out property inspections, conduct negotiations and where required prepare expert reports.
- To undertake rent reviews and lease renewals for a mix of landlord and tenant clients and A1 and A3 uses.
- To use strong research and analytical skills to identify and interpret market rental evidence.
- To use good organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy and developing caseload.
- To be a strong and effective negotiator, to develop effective and long-lasting relationships with our clients, using exceptional rapport building, questioning and summarising skills.
- To develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external contacts and to use these contacts in order to further develop business for the company.
- Lease consultancy experience essential, retail experience desirable.
- Planning and prioritising skills in order to schedule work and ensure its timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
- Able to work flexibly between tasks.
- Strong drive for results and highly proactive in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
- A high degree of analytical ability.
- Portrays confidence in ability to both sell to the client and meet their needs.
- Well-organised with excellent planning, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good personal and professional manner in dealing with client contacts at all levels.
- Full driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership
- Life and Accident insurance
- Group income protection scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Fitness Allowance Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after two years’ service
- Professional subscription (MRICS) covered by the firm