Our client is an established planning consultancy based in York, looking to appoint a motivated and experienced RTPI Chartered Town Planner to work on an exciting variety of projects for private sector clients across England and Wales.
You will play a key role in developing our client base and enhancing company reputation. You will be responsible for working proactively and at your own initiative on a range of planning applications and planning appeals with an emphasis on large-scale residential projects including site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
An existing and secure stream of planning work for major housing development schemes provided by our joint venture partners, and continued growth of our private client base necessitate this expansion of our team. You will be involved in and lead a diverse range and scale of projects but primarily be responsible for the stream of large-scale residential planning. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team of chartered planners, architects, landscape architects, urban designers and engineers.
This post offers the opportunity to manage your own team and play a fundamental role in shaping our expanding business. Autonomy is a given and you will put your own stamp on projects, develop new revenue streams and streamline working practices within your team. We are looking for someone to nurture client relationships, develop new business, assist with managing and coaching junior planners whilst handling your own caseload from inception to completion.
DO YOU FIT THE CRITERIA?
We are looking for a Chartered RTPI professional with an accredited degree in Town Planning or related subject and significant experience in private and/or public sector planning including Environmental
Impact Assessment. Candidates that are eligible for membership of the RTPI will also be considered. A suitable candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate:
- 7 Years plus relevant experience;
- A proven track record of managing caseloads for different types of planning applications with an emphasis on the large-scale residential sector;
- The ability to prepare and present high-quality planning reports;
- Experience of writing appeal statements and attending Hearings/Inquiries;
- Mentoring and motivational skills required to develop junior planners in their careers;
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents and negotiating with statutory consultees.
- This is a full-time, permanent position with salary negotiable dependent on experience.
- Holiday entitlement is 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with an additional day credited for every year of service up to five years.
- If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive planner that can deliver positive outcomes for a variety of development proposals then our client is keen to hear from you.
- We can offer flexible working practices arranged around core hours and home working.
- The successful candidate’s input will be vital to the progression and success of our clients’ work.
- The maximum salary for this position is £40,000 plus bonus.
If you want to join a reputable company whose purpose is about putting clients and people first, then apply now!