Upto £750 Per Day Plus Disbursements
10 months ago
My client is a global courier organisation, that occupies a sizeable real estate network comprising six distribution hubs and 58 bespoke warehouses. The UK property portfolio comprises 96 sites of over 5m sq ft, with a combined P&FM budget of in excess of £3.5m per annum.
Description of the Role
Reporting to the Northern Europe Managing Director, the post-holder will be responsible for all real estate and facilities management services across the organisation.
There are a number of critical acquisition projects that the post-holder will need to undertake and continue to deliver through to completion. These include
- A substantial integrated operations site of c. 100k sq ft
- Airport property acquisitions
- Industrial property acquisitions supporting the organisation
The role will also include the following:
- Managing ongoing capital projects through to delivery;
- Managing property and facilities management activity across the network;
- Managing the property and facilities team (6 direct reports, 42 indirect)
- Stakeholder engagement and managing all external professional advisors.
- Liaising with the European Real Estate team on strategic matters
Responsibilities to include:
- Liaising with key internal business leads from project inception and guide them through the approvals phase;
- Producing base data reports for all active projects;
- Liaising with the CRE broker network across the portfolio, co-ordinate/manage site visits, information gathering, and data analysis;
- Working with UK Finance to develop accurate financial reporting on respective projects and all activity;
- Managing internal governance on all P&FM activity;
- Ensuring transactions are delivered within budgetary constraints;
- Ensuring all lease data is maintained according to existing protocols;
- Maintaining lease management processes to ensure all key events are managed in a timely manner;
- Credibly representing the company UK Real Estate function to the UK business unit, and wider company Stakeholders
- Providing SME advice and data analysis to the company’s Integration Team
- Providing SME advice and support to UK operational team as directed
The Client is looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Transactional expertise within blue chip or a demanding corporate environment;
- Managing office/ industrial real estate portfolios across the UK, experience within the logistics sector is an advantage, although not a pre-requisite;
- a strong track record of engaging, influencing and successfully delivering multi-faceted operational real estate projects;
- Facilities Management experience within the logistics sector or other similar industrial markets.
To achieve success in the role, candidates will require the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- First degree in relevant discipline preferred, and/or MRICS qualified;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Corporate Real Estate transactional/ management field;
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team;
- Experience of working with detailed financial spreadsheets and producing robust business cases from this data;
- Experience/ability to manage and report on property and FM associated budgets.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret lease contracts;
- Ability to understand/interpret CRE cash flow and P&L financial analyses;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Relationship & Transaction management;
- Budget management;
- Negotiating skills;
- Change management;
- Proficient IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Pay Rate and Term of Contract
This is an initial 6 months contract, although there is a possibility of continuation on a month by month basis, beyond this initial period. An earliest possible start date is proposed for the right candidate.
The Client is flexible about the location of the role, but the post-holder will be expected to spend not less than 2 days a week located out of The Midlands with support for the Real Estate team in the North West, with the possibility of homeworking.
Up to £750 per day - Temporary, Contract
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley direct on 0161 393 9889 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.