We have an opportunity for a Valuation Surveyor or Senior Valuation Surveyor to join our clients’ well-established Valuation team.
The company specialises in providing valuations to the main UK Banks, emerging Challenger Banks, Bridging funds, Fintech companies and Peer-To-Peer lenders and a range of other corporate and private clients. As a result, they undertake a range of valuations from simple valuations for owner occupier acquisitions, development funding, pension fund valuations, valuations for taxation purposes to long term investment finance, and across a range of property types, from retail investments, office developments, warehouses and trading properties such as care homes and day nurseries.
The candidate will also benefit from working closely with other key areas of the business including Agency, Property Management, Lease Consultancy, Building Surveying and Corporate Services.
The role involves working in a small team to deliver a highest level of valuation services to clients, securing repeat business and looking to extend existing contacts and relationships with lenders, investors and developers.
Also, to promote the various service lines, you would be required to help develop the firm’s business and reputation across the Yorkshire market.
Your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To accept instructions, inspect, value and report on properties within stated deadlines, and follow up with our clients accordingly.
- To help win new business, manage the service delivery within the Leeds Valuation team.
- To provide professional advice to clients in their strategic consideration for the use of buildings.
- To actively ‘network’ around the Leeds and wider Yorkshire market.
- To forge good working relationships with SW Valuers in our other UK offices.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Assurance procedures and Red Book compliance to at all times.
- To ensure client care is a priority at all times and that client requests are dealt with effectively and speedily.
- To ensure that all work is carried out competently, within the specified timeframes.
- To ensure accurate and comprehensive records are maintained.
- To ensure fee management is optimised.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS qualification
- Registered Valuer accreditation
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate/ability in Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Argus Investor and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Competitive Salary, Dependent upon Experience
- Car Allowance
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Insurance and other benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression with a market leader
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 0113 887 2170 for further information. Ref: AK 17918
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property & Legal Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential discussion.