10 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, established and reputable national property consultancy, in their Manchester office.
With an extensive regional and national client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client is a successful and well respected firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Managers who is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced MRICS Qualified and Registered Valuation Surveyor to join their busy Manchester city centre office.
The client provides advice on a range of property matters including Agency, Lease Advisory, Valuation, CPO, Investment, Building Consultancy, Business Rates, Property Management, Capital Allowances and Expert Witness instructions.
The role will be focused predominantly across the North West and will cover all the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, corporate asset, company accounts, viability and general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties but will also include the valuation of public sector and residential led mixed use development sites.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider valuation team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports ready for review and sign off.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. Our client places a strong emphasis on career progression through personal development plans and experience gained.
Therefore, my client is offering an excellent opportunity to gain a very broad range of valuation experience across all key sectors and for a range of purposes.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To work independently within a team context to carry out property inspections and perform background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability;
- To observe and implement clients’ procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Environmental, IT security and all other relevant policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and service line objectives;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS/FRICS qualification
- Registered Valuer accreditation
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice;
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues;
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge;
- IT literate/ability in Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Argus Investor and Argus Developer;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team;
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Competitive Salary, dependent upon experience
- Car allowance
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Insurance and other benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression with a national market leader