Our client is an established and well-respected national property consultancy, covering all the key property sector disciplines, offering expert property advice for occupiers and owners of residential, retail, leisure and commercial property, throughout the UK.
They are an independent consultancy with a partnership culture that puts its’ clients first and provides market-leading advice and transaction support to investors, corporates and homeowners for their personal and business property needs. All this is backed-up with industry-leading technology and market research.
The Property Asset Management department is looking to recruit a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor. Supported by the Partner in charge, you will be responsible for obtaining instructions in line with targets, whilst maintaining a high professional profile and a relationship with our clients built on trust and integrity.
You will focus on Portfolio and Asset Management throughout the UK working with a broad range of assets including retail, industrial and offices.
- To take responsibility for individual local and nationwide properties/portfolios with direct client liaison
- To be responsible for all management functions, including rent collections, service charge management and diary control
- To have a good understanding of landlord tenant matters, pursue asset management opportunities through your own expertise as well as liaising with other specialist Knight Frank teams and generate income
- To obtain instructions within agreed guidelines to achieve agreed business targets
- To supervise the efficient administration of all procedures in carrying out business
- To be responsible for all outstanding monies in relation to client business
- To liaise with other departments when required
- To work closely with the property accounts team to ensure swift and efficient reporting and resolution of any issues/discrepancies
- To communicate fully with all concerned to ensure that business is managed in an efficient and professional manner
- To understand the business and have a sound business knowledge together with a keen awareness of the competition
- To research accurately and present this information in writing to a highly professional standard
- To build and maintain goodwill, confidentiality and trust with prospective and existing clients at all times in order to foster the professional image of the Partnership
- To perform other tasks delegated by the Partner in charge as required
Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Degree educated
- 1-2 years post qualified experience with a strong property management background and enthusiasm for/experience in asset management
- National exposure
- Experience of working across a variety of asset classes
- Landlord and Tenant experience would be beneficial
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required
- The experience, ability and enthusiasm to help deliver first class property management services.
- The ability to provide solutions and options when confronted with new situations.
- The ability to motivate, direct and delegate to others, when appropriate
- The creativity to produce clear, concise and accurate reports and other written communications
- The commitment and determination to act effectively and professionally on behalf of the client
- The capacity to respond effectively and professionally towards other parties with whom business is being carried out
- Skills of negotiation, persuasion and professionalism as appropriate
- The ability and willingness to accept responsibility for any delegated management tasks
- A salary of £30,000 to £40,000 per annum (D.O.E.)
- Generous Car allowance
- Other excellent benefits that you would expect from a market leading consultancy
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information
If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for Independent, Confidential and Qualified advice.