Our client is an established and well-respected national property consultancy, covering all the key property sector disciplines, offering expert property advice for occupiers and owners of residential, retail, leisure and commercial property, throughout the UK.
They are an independent consultancy with a partnership culture that puts its’ clients first and provides market-leading advice and transaction support to investors, corporates and homeowners for their personal and business property needs. All this is backed-up with industry-leading technology and market research.
The Property Asset Management department is looking to recruit a Surveyor to work within the Scottish Division in the Glasgow office.
Working within a small team who manage a portfolio across a number of clients and asset types, the position will require taking responsibility for servicing and managing high profile clients, whilst maintaining a high professional profile and a relationship with our clients built on trust and integrity.
- To build and maintain goodwill, confidentiality and trust with prospective and existing clients at all times in order to foster the professional image of the company
- Provide high quality day to day property and asset management of large portfolios
- Liaising with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
- Liaising with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Instructing and liaising with Facilities Managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
- Carrying out regular property inspections
- To be responsible for all management functions, including rent collections, service charge management and all aspects of management and landlord tenant rep
- To have a good understanding of landlord and tenant matters and identify asset management opportunities
- To communicate fully to ensure that business is managed in an efficient and professional manner
- To understand the business and have a sound business knowledge together with a keen awareness of the competition
- To perform other tasks delegated by the Associate or Partner in charge as required
- To liaise with other departments when required
Professional experience and personal skills profile
- Qualifications/Education Required.
- Degree educated
- MRICS – Preferred- 1 years post qualified experience
- Career Experience Required
- Property management experience of working across a variety of asset classes
- Portfolio management experience would be beneficial
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required
- To work as part of a small but committed member of a team and PAM department as a whole
- The experience, ability and enthusiasm to help deliver first class property management services
- The ability to provide solutions and options when confronted with new situations
- The creativity to produce clear, concise and accurate reports and other written communications
- The commitment and determination to act effectively and professionally on behalf of the client
- The capacity to respond effectively and professionally towards other parties with whom business is being carried out
- Skills of negotiation and professionalism
- A salary of £30,000 per annum (D.O.E.)
- Generous Car allowance
- Other excellent benefits that you would expect from a market leading consultancy
Our client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information
If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for Independent, Confidential and Qualified advice.