On behalf of our international consultancy client, we are seeking expressions of interest from experienced and MRTPI qualified Town Planners / Planning Consultants to join our clients’ expanding national offer, within its’ Leeds office, which offers a fast-track opportunity for promotion to Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that has built a great reputation through its practical understanding, technical expertise and ability to deliver commercial solutions to complex planning and development issues and work on a range of large and exciting planning & development projects.
The successful candidate would be providing planning services to a wide range of clients in the Yorkshire region including the Northwest and Northeast of England. The team’s reach is particularly diverse, with a strong pipeline of projects for a wide variety of clients, spanning landowners, developers, housebuilders, investors, major corporates / owner occupiers.
The team is strong across all sectors including commercial, residential, and mixed-use developments, especially within medium/large regeneration initiatives.
This position is an important role in the clients’ National Planning Team and to help win and deliver a wide range of exciting and high-profile projects, covering every land use sector and geographical area in the UK.
- Provision of planning and development advice to internal & external clients across residential and commercial land-use;
- Assist in coordination and management (project management) of major planning and development instructions as part of a project specific team;
- Ability to undertake/oversee the preparation of viability assessments and market reports;
- Taking an active role in the management and review of outputs from a range of disciplines/professionals;
- Have experience and understanding on how public – private sector partnering arrangements are put in place to deliver development projects; and
- Assisting in the identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities.
- Professional Membership of the RTPI;
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible and commercially astute with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to act on your own initiative, accept responsibility and able to identify areas of weakness for personal development;
- Strong focus on own professional skills and integrity;
- The ability and confidence to engage directly with clients and other professionals within project design teams, to give advice and direction, plus when required to make decisions;
- The ability to multi-task, work to tight timescales, often under challenging circumstances, with minimal supervision and to a high standard;
- Willingness and ability to identify and nurture new business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities; and
- Confident team player able to work well with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook);
- Ability to undertake viability assessments and prepare market reports;
- Sound analytical skills;
- Diplomacy in dealing with a range of different cultures and clients;
- Willingness to travel; and
- A driving licence.
To apply for this position, please speak in confidence with Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference AK18748.