Location – Flexible, although preference is around the Midlands
We are looking to appoint an experienced Property Investment Analyst to work with a private developer.
Key Experience –
- 5 yrs minimum gained within a real estate consultancy
- Degree qualified Real Estate, Business Administration or
- Accounting & Finance
- Excellent IT skills, in particular, Excel
- Strong report writing skills
- Highly organised and efficient
- Passionate about real estate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work alone and manage own time
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written
You will be building, maintaining, supporting and validating primary and secondary sources of data to be used to support financial modelling assignments. You will also be extracting valuable information from public data sources ranging from macroeconomic trends, industry developments, company financial information and competitor landscape. You will also be involved in data cleaning, preparation, interpretation and analysis using statistical techniques and tools in Excel, an Internal CRM database and other data management systems.
You must pay attention to detail and have excellent problem solving skills. Possess the ability to collate information into cohesive presentations with proper slide layouts & designs.
Duties & responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, or related disciplines with excellent academic credentials or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in real estate industry with proficiency in reviewing real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc) and abstracting relevant deal points for financial analysis
- Be able to produce & demonstrate valuation techniques through the use of excel cashflow models, data management systems and client services
- Outstanding computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is required
- Strong quantitative orientation, with knowledge or ability to learn principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, Debt Returns, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work within a collaborative, and driven professional environment with the potential to move into Development Management.
- Self-motivated individual who is detail-oriented, has strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team.
- You will have a Degree / Diploma or relevant educational background in Real Estate, Business Administration or Accounting & Finance with min 5-10 years of working experience.
- Real Estate transaction, consulting or valuation experience of at least 5+ years
- Proven red book valuation experience.
- Great communication, interpersonal, organizational & time management skills to meet the deadlines and provide great service to our clients.
- Ability to take on challenging valuations and willing to work as a team player in diverse teams.
- An eye for detail to be comfortable with thorough report writing and excel.
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential