An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, well-established and highly reputable property consultancy in Lancashire for a company that provides advice on a range of property matters, across agency, predominantly Agency, Valuation, Professional, Rating, Development, Investment, Lease Consultancy and Building Surveying.
Overall Purpose of Job
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Chartered Surveyor to join their Lancashire team who shall ultimately progress to lead the Valuation team. With an excellent regional client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client has grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of Chartered Surveyors across the whole of Lancashire, the Northwest, and beyond.
The role will be focused on the predominantly the Northwest and will cover all the main commercial sectors for a wide range of private and public clients. Valuations are required for loan security, pension funds, and accountancy/general advisory purposes and will include the valuation primarily of commercial owner-occupied and investment properties.
You will be expected to carry out instructions efficiently and with a high degree of independence within the context of the wider team. This includes the inspection of properties and preparation of concise and accurate valuation reports across all key sectors and for a range of purposes.
Direct contact with clients is also encouraged and all team members are expected to act as ambassadors of the firm and to identify, pursue and win new business opportunities.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence.
- Dealing with commercial property and development appraisals. (preferably being familiar with Argus developer software or similar)
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in.
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables.
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements of the ‘Red Book’.
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction.
- To work efficiently to maximise profitability.
- To ensure that the required number of hours of RICS CPD is completed and recorded.
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business.
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business.
- Undertaking commercial loan security valuations for all the major high street lending institutions, primarily dealing with core commercial property to include offices, industrial, retail, and occasional miscellaneous commercial and residential investments.
- Providing commercial valuation advice to private and corporate clients including matters relating to probate, taxation, and matrimonial settlements.
- To support the Senior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RICS Qualification (3-5 years PQE) & will hold RICS Registered Valuer accreditation.
- A team player who is enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- A track record in preparing RICS Red Book Valuations for Commercial Lending (development and investment properties), corporate valuations and consultancy advice.
- A commercial approach to ‘real world’ business and property issues.
- Working knowledge of Landlord & Tenant sector
- Good property market and wider economic and business knowledge.
- IT literate.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Able to work under own supervision but also as part of a wider national valuation team.
- Social skills when networking and entertaining clients.
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience
- Car Allowance
- Excellent potential of career progression
- And more….
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join and lead within this specialist and successful team. You should be commercially focused, have an excellent track record of delivery and be happy working both independently and as part of the team.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 07879 413 765 for further information.