ABOUT THE ROLE
A Senior Surveyor position within the Newcastle Property Management team, responsible for the management of a diverse commercial property portfolio within the Northeast and Yorkshire regions.
Managing a mixed portfolio of commercial, industrial and retail properties. The role will require regular and direct communication with the institutional fund management client and the supervision of several other property managers and on-site staff.
ABOUT THE FIRM
Our client is one of the UK’s leading and largest property consultancies, specialising in property management and has an enviable position within the property industry. The Firm delivers to its clients an unrivalled service dedicated solely to the fundamentals of property management and building consultancy.
They pride themselves on the calibre of employees and their unique skill sets, offering a nationwide service, utilising the local knowledge of more than 750 employees and Directors/Partners working from a national office network offices in the UK, that is currently undergoing a period of consistent and sustained growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic review and preparation of due diligence information in preparation for acquisitions, purchases & sales.
- Preparing client reports on the property management service and regular formal reporting to clients.
- Management of rental and other income including tenant indebtedness.
- Provide support and assistance to clients in connection with value enhancement opportunities including rent reviews, lettings and lease renewal programmes.
- Deliver additional services and drive additional fee generation where possible.
- Reporting to and working with clients on tenure and physical improvements to properties.
- Dealing with tenant applications for consent to assign, sublet and alter.
- Identifying opportunities to negotiate re-gears or reversions to achieve value enhancement, taking client instructions and progressing these negotiations on behalf of the client for additional fees.
- Undertaking or arranging property inspections.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations in relation to use and maintenance obligations. Preparation and administration of service charge expenditure.
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation including Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Working with landlords and tenants on all other matters relating to the clients’ property portfolio.
- Liaising with client's agents, solicitors, and other consultants.
- Supervising, directing and maintaining up to date records for site-based staff.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ambitious and dynamic Property Manager with experience in a similar role.
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor is preferred.
- Experience managing a varied portfolio of commercial properties.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to swiftly build gravitas amongst clients.
- Positive attitude, true team player with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Competitive Salary – between £35k - £40k per annum (D.O.E.)
- Car Allowance
- Generous and rewarding bonus scheme
- Pension, Healthcare etc.
- More details upon application
My client is a market leader and offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional, and enthusiastic individual with a strong and professional work ethic.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.