About the Company?
A niche Building Surveying practice based in South Birmingham, has a requirement for two Senior Building Surveyors. Working predominately within the Education Sector, my client is looking a client facing, self-driven, competent individuals who are ready for the next step in their career.
About the Role?
- The client has been awarded several exciting programs and the successful candidate’s focus will be in the design and contract management of new build, extension & refurbishment construction projects throughout the Midlands.
- You will work closely with the client from the inception, advising clients on a variety of schemes and projects, determining requirements through feasibility studies and budget costings.
- Ensuring projects are completed to a high standard, on budget and to schedule; you’ll undertake a variety of Building Surveys to record the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects and proposals for repair. Having a broad range of Building Surveying knowledge is key to be successful in this post.
- The position is a client facing role and you will possess excellent soft skills in being able to communicate with a range of stakeholders. As my client is a small practice, the selected candidate will be of good character and have well rounded knowledge of building surveying.
- Design and use of Auto CAD (Most CAD work will be done by Architectural Technicians however a solid grounding in CAD is preferred)
- Project procurement through the RIBA work stages
- Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements by carrying out feasibility studies and budget costings
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Contract administration
- Project management
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- Experience and track record of securing Capital funding from funding agencies
- Building Surveys recording the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance works of buildings including provision of PPM schedules
- Processing planning applications and advising clients on property legislation including DDA, health and safety and building regulations
- Carrying out party wall procedures for both building owner and adjoining owner
You will be a MIRCS chartered surveyor.
In return the company can offer fantastic career progression & autonomous working.
For more information, contact Caroline Kingsley on 07768381831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org