SENIOR / ASSOCIATE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SURVEYOR
Our client is a multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Property/Asset Management Department both nationally and in their Leeds office.
This is a permanent position within a busy, well experienced and friendly team and you will be MRICS qualified with several years post qualified Property Management experience and be keen to be involved and gain exposure to divisional and company-wide initiatives, promoting the company brand and the Property Management Division.
You must demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and drive, whilst also building on property management experience gained to date, in order to become a long-term property specialist within the division.
- Take a “hands on” proactive role in property management
- Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the Savills central credit control team
- Dealing with tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft, review and approve service charge budgets · Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Service charge reconciliations
- Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
- Carry out regular property inspections
- Liaise with the building managers and regional facilities managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained at all times
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required · Be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management systems and to regularly check, update and audit the accuracy of the data
- Advance reporting for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and break options.
- Trade and footfall reporting
- Identification and implementation of new initiatives relating to property management
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Building strong working relationship with existing clients
- Identify and progress opportunities for new business generation.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the surveyor may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- MRICS Qualified
- Experience in all aspects of property management Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working within Industrial Estates will be advantageous
- Possesses vision and is able to develop complex strategies and solutions
- Excellent relationship builder with ability to generate new business
- Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills
- Continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
- Robust and prepared to lead from the front
- Diplomatic and challenging with the ability to influence others
- Confident with a positive outlook
- Strong decision maker who gives assurance
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Full driving licence
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.