We are currently seeking an experienced, Commercial Manager to lead major rail infrastructure projects across the Midlands.
The successful candidate will be based in the West Midlands, and will have worked directly for northern rail infrastructure oriented projects, Crossrail or HS2.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Quantity surveying / commercial management related qualifications is beneficial,
- Experience of working as a consultant or within a consultancy,
- Experience of supporting cost management activities including monthly reporting, maintaining control of cash flow as well forecast of supported project,
- Experience as a commercial manager within a rail/rail infrastructure environment is highly desired.
- Procurement experience is beneficial
- Strong stakeholder management experience
The role involves:
- Leading the periodic finance reporting for the allocated projects including cost forecasting, calculating anticipated final cost, determining the cost of work done, managing accruals.
- Working with Assistant Commercial Managers to prepare invoices to 3rd Parties including detailed back-up and subsequent close out of queries raised by Customers.
- Assisting in compilation of basic estimates to support bids to 3rd parties or to support DfT funding process.
- Drafting procurement strategies, award recommendations and variation papers
- Leading on single sourced contract negotiations or support a competitive tender process
- Contract administration including use of CEMAR, ASITE depending on client
- Change management, assessment of Compensation Events, Variation Order. Negotiation and agreement of change with supplier. Subsequent management of internal governance where necessary
- Assessing AfPs and prepare payments certs
- Stakeholder management – regular communication with Project Team, Customers, Sponsors, Internal Designers, Possession Management, Estimators, Procurement etc
- Participation in internal and external progress meetings
- Providing ad hoc commercial advice and support
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07768381831 for more information.