£40,000 - £50,000
6 months ago
My Client is a leading and award-winning Defendant international commercial law firm with offices both nationally and internationally.
They act on behalf of a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
They are seeking to recruit an Associate for their Leeds Office to deal with a caseload of clinical negligence matters. There is some flexibility with regard to location with a percentage of the working week being undertaken on a home working basis if required. Salary and benefits are excellent!
- To run a caseload of clinical negligence files to include:
- drafting reports to Medical Protection
- quantifying claims
- liaising with member and co-defendants
- interviewing witnesses
- drafting witness statements
- instructing experts
- instructing counsel
- attend Court for Case Management Conferences and Application Hearings
- negotiate settlements
- hold conferences with Counsel
- prepare for and attend trial
- Additional Duties
- Cover secondments at Medical Protection offices (Leeds/London) if required
- Draft articles
- Give client training and presentations
- Provide assistance in the running of colleagues’ files where necessary
You must be 3-5 years pqe and have relevant clinical negligence experience. Be motivated, have good attention to detail and a desire to provide the best possible service possible to Clients.
Demonstrate high level of IT skills to ensure compliance with client data security requirements and ability to work in a paper-lite environment.