With offices throughout the UK, our clients’ Valuation team specialises in the valuation of high level commercial and residential sectors across the UK and more specifically, throughout the region and the team benefit from considerable experience in valuing a wide range of assets and providing specialist advice for loan security, due diligence and transactional advice, financial reporting, performance analysis, IPO, equity raising and development appraisals.
This is an Associate Director position (with genuine opportunity for promotion to Director level) within a ‘sub-team’ which will principally involve providing valuations for loan security purposes to a range of high quality clients predominantly within Birmingham, The Midlands and surroundings areas and Assets will predominantly be commercial although there will also be valuations of large scale mixed use City Centre schemes.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
To provide valuations and related advice on a range of property types and to a variety of clients many of whom are core clients of the firm;
- To undertake valuations of properties within a wide range of portfolios on a regular basis
- To undertake a variety of Loan Security, Institutional and Corporate Valuations
- To assist and take responsibility for junior team members in the preparation of regularly valued portfolios
- To liaise with fund managers and asset managers on a regular basis
- To undertake secured lending valuations and other one-off valuations when required
- In conjunction with other team members, to develop the Department’s existing and prospective client relationships
- Attend presentations to clients when required
- Develop and manage client relationships;
- Assist the team in achieving target and growing the business line.
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’;
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to help maximise profitability;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with in-house QA procedures;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS qualified, with min. 3+ years post-qualification experience
- Wide Commercial Valuation experience
- Particular enthusiasm and knowledge of Development Valuations
- Strong market knowledge (ideally – not essential) of the regions’ property market
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Argus Developer and Investor packages
- Ability to work under tight time constraints in order to deliver high quality service
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent client skills
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Must have strong verbal and numerical skills and be comfortable with report writing
- Must be customer - service driven with strong communication skills
- Must be able to supervise and delegate to junior members of staff
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 0121 796 8460 for further information quoting ref: AK18370
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please get in touch or browse our website. We are specialists in Commercial Valuation Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.
Kingsley are property recruitment specialists.