The Role & Company Profile:
Our client is a significant surveying consultancy, looking to recruit a Commercial Development Surveyor at Surveyor or Senior Surveyor level, within the Development Consultancy team which is responsible for providing Land Agency and Development Consultancy, across the UK.
The role shall be to provide advice to both public and private sector clients from the Manchester office, working alongside our clients’ various professional, agency and investment teams.
As well as disposals of opportunities, the team is closely involved with the delivery of mixed use development, strategic land promotion and inner-city regeneration, providing a full national agency and development service to landowners, both public and private sector, and to developers. The team is also a leading advisor on development viability to developers and landowners in support of planning negotiations.
The work will include the provision of general and strategic advice on land & development opportunities across the North West region.
The role will offer the right candidate an excellent career opportunity to work within a busy and successful team that is seen as market leaders, combining with a network of national offices and specialists from all aspects of the development cycle.
Desired or preferred knowledge, skills and experience for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Previous experience as a Commercial Development Surveyor – 1+ years;
- RICS qualified;
- Commercial Property Agency experience across all sectors (desireabkle, not essential);
- Some knowledge of the Planning system;
- Pro-active approach to sourcing development opportunities;
- You will have an increasing network of contacts and demonstrate an ability to help bring new work into the business;
- Some experience of Development Appraisal Software including Argus Developer;
- Good communication skills and comfortable at assisting with presenting to clients;
- Good presentation & negotiation skills as a leading ambassador for the company in the region;
- Good IT skills;
- Some Viability and Appraisal experience with Excel/Prodev/Argus Developer;
- Support on existing contracts;
- To help achieve financial targets;
- To have a some knowledge and experience of marketing land and development schemes – to include all aspects of due diligence investigations and marketing requirements;
- To support and assist on large procurement/regeneration projects;
- To assist with the research and production of strategic property reports.
- £30,000 to £40,000 + (DOE)
- Generous car allowance
- Life ssurance
- Generous holidays
- Staff Profit Share
- Private medical cover
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join this market leader consultancy, within an already successful team. You should be commercially focused, have some record of delivery and be happy working both independently and as part of the team.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. If you wish to apply for this position, please contact or email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley in confidence on 0161 393 9889 for further information.