Are you an experienced and professionally minded Management Surveyor looking to progress your career with a highly successful and respected property consultancy?
If so, then we have just the vacancy for you, as our client is looking to add to its’ multi-disciplinary Leeds office by appointing a Property Management Surveyor (up to 2 years MRICS qualified / 2-4 years Commercial Property Management experience).
My client acts for investors and occupiers in the office, industrial and retail markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types. They combine experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
Applying your expertise, you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of commercial investment properties comprising office, industrial and retail and will include managing high profile offices in central Leeds as well as industrial and retail properties throughout Yorkshire, the North Midlands and the North East.
You’ll be confident in dealing with colleagues and clients, at all levels, delivering consistently high level assistance through effective communication, prioritisation, multi-tasking with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Using your own initiative, you will maintain and grow existing client relationships, and generate new business opportunities.
- Carry out property inspections
- Responsibility and response to all legal notices
- Preparing data for and attend client meeting - record of minutes and carrying out of actions arising
- Understand and read leases and maintain accurate data on the property management system
- Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
- Provide recommendations to clients to recover rent and other sums due under the lease terms
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager
- Ensure all tenant application fee invoices are raised and paid promptly
- Work with the on-site facilities teams to review and obtain approval of service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flows and budgets subject to client requirements
- Approve service charge year end reconciliations in accordance with RICS guidelines / client instruction
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross-selling activities
- Responsibility for arranging and chairing occupier meetings and occupier liaison as required
- Ensure recording of minutes of occupier meetings and 1-2-1 meetings are completed and all actions arising from the meeting are dealt with
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming lease diary events
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations
- Be fully conversant with, and adhere to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company's FCA Insurance Business Compliance Manual
- Explore opportunities for new business generation and be an efficient presenter
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience – in brief:
- MRICS Qualified (1-2 years PQE) ideal but 2-4 years UK commercial property management more essential
- Experience within a professional services environment and working with blue-chip companies
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain tenant / customer relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of
- Confident and assertive where required
- Sociable and outgoing
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.