Thank you for your interest - this position has now been filled, but if you are interested in similar roles get in touch and we should be able to find something for you.
Contact us for a chat or upload your CV
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Costs Draftsperson to join one of the most prestigious firms in the North West and a Top Tier Firm (Legal 500)
This firm have been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and have achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017.
The Department: The Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. Their team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal with a caseload of costs cases up to 100k in value.
- Manage and negotiate client/costs disputes
- Draft points of dispute, budgets, precedent R, initial advice on strategy to the client and other letters and documentation
- Ensure that the client is regularly updated as to the current situation on matters
- Attend court when required
- Ensure that care is taken to ensure good working relationships with internal colleagues and external institutions and organisations
- Be responsible for maximising the Firm’s profitability whilst maintaining the highest client care standards
The person specification
- At least two year’s costs experience with paying party experience essential
- Must be used to dealing with cases requiring a swift turnaround
- Experience of drafting bills
- Advocacy experience
- Good commercial awareness
- Preferably working towards a costs qualification through the ALCD
- Approachable manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- 25 days holiday
- Healthcare cover
- Contributory Pension Plan (3% during your first two years’ service, and up to a maximum of 6% thereafter)
- Life Insurance (4 x Salary)
- Travel loan scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Care scheme (a confidential, external 24hr helpline)
- Discounted gym membership
- Microsoft Home Use Programme (allows you to purchase Microsoft software for home use at heavily discounted prices)
- Optical refund scheme
- Dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Salary negotiable (depending upon experience)
To apply scroll down to the "APPLY NOW" orange button and apply today with your CV.
Alternatively contact me today on 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799 or email your CV direct to... firstname.lastname@example.org