I am recruiting on behalf of a National Firm who are Legal 500 and Chambers listed and who have a number of offices around the UK. They have a well-established presence in Manchester and are looking to continue to build the Team with strategic hires. They are renowned for being grounded and work to the highest possible standards. Their Client list includes corporations and household names. As a Firm, they have a strong track record of growth and their services support clients in three distinct areas. Advisory: helping with strategic and day-to-day legal issues, Disputes: helping prevent and, where needed, manage conflict, and Transactions: helping organisations expand, restructure or sell.
They are looking to add dd a Solicitor 2-4yrs pqe to their already successful Team in Manchester – responsibilities to include:
- Work with strategic land assembly for development projects, for example by use of options and promotion agreements as well as purchase contracts
- The acquisition and disposal of development sites
- Drafting and negotiating: - development agreements, developer and land-owner consortium agreements, planning conditional acquisitions and disposals, dealing constructively and creatively with overage / clawback scenarios
- Deal with a wide range of funding arrangements, from joint-ventures to forward funding and forward sale agreements, set-up of commercial and residential development schemes for lettings and investment sales, commercial lettings (acting for the developer/landlord)
- Support and supervise as required for plot-sales
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with experience of 2 - 4 years PQE from a National or City firm.
- The successful applicant will need to demonstrate solid academics and a genuine interest in property development. Experience in freehold and leasehold site acquisitions and disposals, including title investigation, reporting on title, drafting and negotiating transaction documents will be desirable.
- Good training will be supplied and previous experience of property development is preferred but not essential.
- An attention to detail and good organisational skills
It may well be that you are not looking for a move until the New Year but please give me a call if you would like to express your interest in the above role and explore other opportunities in the pipeline for the New Year. If you would like to have your CV ‘interview ready’ please feel free to send to me for review. No CV? No problem. I can help with that too.