Up to £28k depending on experience
4 months ago
A large, reputable Defendant client of Kingsley, are now looking to add to their ELPL fee-earning team (Technical Claims Services / Casualty)
This firm offer excellent training, career development and progression opportunities, along with an excellent work/life balance with a 35-hour week and flexible working hours. There is also opportunity to work from home 1-2 days per week.
The successful applicant will manage a caseload of varied EL/PL cases on behalf of several insurance clients. The role requires a forensic and analytical approach to employment and public liability issues.
Together with experience and/or appreciation of the documents and evidence required in these types of cases.
Most of the cases will be fast-track with the potential to handle cases up to £100K, cases are generally handled on delegated basis.
• Considering concepts and merits of primary and secondary liability in employment and public liability claims
• Handling matters in accordance with client SLA’s
• Dealing with Disclosure
• Instructing Counsel/investigators/medical and other experts
• Reviewing evidence (eg. Witness statements, GP records, Occupational Health/ Personnel records, properly inspection reports etc.
• Drafting questions to medical experts
• Drafting in general
• Costs Schedules
• Preparing/checking Trial Bundles
• Attending Conferences and Trial with Counsel
• Negotiations/ Drafting Payments into Court
• Dealing with routine correspondence
• Conducting investigations
• Conducting CMC’s and applications
• Initial report/review and setting strategy for the management of the claim.
• Reviewing matters throughout
• Review and/or report re exchange of evidence, receipt of medical evidence, joints statements or at any other stage.
• Counter Schedule
• Pre-Trial reports
• CRU appeal
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Prior knowledge, skills and experience Required
• Experience of handling a caseload of EL/PL files
• Previous litigation experience
• Meeting targets
• Good client care skills and evidence of working to client guidelines on a delegated basis
• Ability to prioritise work, keep to deadlines and work under pressure
• High level of analytical skills
Apply now using the link shown with your up to date CV.
Alternatively, contact Kathryn@kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk or call 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799