An experienced Town Planner with leadership qualities is required to help our client, a North West Local Authority, to continue delivering Major Regeneration initiatives.
With a number of high-profile projects already underway, this council is also delivering on three Town Centre masterplans and progressing the development of a further five sustainable urban extension sites.
Funds have already been secured for over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund for projects to be delivered over the next two years.
Working alongside colleagues from other disciplines, you will have the opportunity to be a key part of delivering a wide range of valuable projects making a positive contribution to the local areas’ future.
You will be required to lead & manage the Council’s Development Management Team, ensuring the continuous delivery of planning decisions in a timely, high quality & lawful manner.
The successful candidate will possess a degree level qualification in Town and Country Planning (or equivalent) and be a member (or eligible to join) the RTPI.
They will also have considerable experience of working within a Council Planning Service or an equivalent environment and be able to demonstrate an ability to manage, lead and motivate staff.
Benefits & Salary
- Key benefits for the successful candidate include:
- Easily accessible North West location – within close proximity to motorways and railways;
- Staff car parking permits;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment;
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities;
- 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays with an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Generous Council pension scheme with an annual employer contribution rate of 14.8%, and;
- Access to working rewards include childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.