Overall Purpose of Job
My client is a multi-disciplinary international surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Property/Asset Management Department both nationally and in their Birmingham office.
My client acts for investors and occupiers in the office, industrial and retail markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types. They combine experience and knowledge with innovation and creativity, handling national and international portfolios for a wide variety of clients.
Due to a number of new high-quality instructions, we are looking for A PROPERTY MANAGEMENET SURVEYOR/SENIOR or ASSOCIATE to join my clients’ established team who has proven experience of managing assets/portfolios for public sector bodies, individual investors, property companies and institutions and my client offers a real opportunity for career progression.
- Manage the transition of client/properties in and out of the company management.
- Responsible for compliance relating to sites under their control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Carry out property inspections with a junior member of the team
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary insurance valuations are undertaken
- Responsible for provision of accurate insurance data to broker for renewal
- Responsible for ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants
- Responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property
- Responsible for preparing data for client meetings in conjunction with their line manager
- Attending client meetings, ensure recording of minutes and carrying out of actions arising
- Reading of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system
- Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
- Ensure credit control targets are met
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
- Ensure all fee invoices are raised in accordance with contracts and paid promptly
- Review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Approve service charge reconciliations
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Responsible for arranging and chairing tenant meetings, including a junior member of the team
- Ensure recording of minutes for tenant meetings and carrying out of actions arising
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming diary events
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and put proposals to line manager
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations for approval by line manager
- Be fully conversant with, and adhere to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company’s FSA Insurance Business Compliance Manual
- Responsible for managing junior members of the team and for ensuring the delivery of an efficient Property Management Service to both Clients and Tenants as part of the wider Team.
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Able to build and maintain client relationships
- Use knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to the client
- Understand the clients’ investment objectives
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling
- Able to build and maintain tenant/customer relationships
- Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
- Understand and apply all company procedures relating to work activities
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Understand and use industry/specific IT applications
- Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan
- Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members
- Able to work as part of the company team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MRICS Qualified
- Minimum 1 years PQE within Asset/Property Management
- High degree of commerciality and experience of development business with existing clients
- Experience within a professional services environment and working with blue-chip companies
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS on 0121 796 8460 for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property & Built Environment Sector. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your next career move, call us for a confidential chat on 0121 796 8460 or email us at email@example.com