Our client is a well-established and highly respected International firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultants with a large network of national offices. They provide comprehensive property advice to Public and Private Sector Organisations throughout the regions and the UK and hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country.
The Position & Team
The Rating Team offers strategic Business Rates advice across to both landlords and occupiers and are now looking to recruit qualified Rating Surveyors and will consider all application from newly qualified up to Associate level.
To provide Rating and Asset Management advice on restaurant and other retail properties to private sector clients predominantly in London and the south east of England. Within an overall remit to drive the rating business forward, key responsibilities will include:
- Providing key clients with services covering rating valuation appeals, rates reliefs and rates management.
- Managing the relationship with key clients.
- Agreeing, achieving and surpassing billing targets.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- MRICS qualified
- Technical knowledge including relevant legislation and case law
- Technical knowledge in valuing a range of property types
- Commercially aware
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst being an excellent team player
- Proven IT skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Full driving licence
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: competitive, based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car Allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year (3 days in 2015).
- Pension scheme membership
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
Alongside a competitive remuneration and benefits package our client offers all staff ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do in order to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis. The firm is an Equal Opportunities Employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley or email a copy of your latest CV quoting the position and reference for this role.