Our client is at the forefront in Retail Management extending across some 120 shopping centres and 220 leisure and retail parks, totalling nearly 26 million square feet under management.
As a result of continued regional growth, our client is looking to appoint a Surveyor or Senior Surveyor to join their Retail Property & Asset Management Department, to be based in the Manchester city centre office, serving the North West and areas of the north.
The role is dedicated to adding value to your clients’ assets, reducing operational risk and maximizing value for money in the delivery of high-quality landlord services to occupational tenants.
You will be working with most prestigious clients both with potential to grow and develop, managing shopping centres based in the North West and North East, in conjunction with the Lead Director, Facilities Managers and Client Accounts teams and will be responsible for providing a market leading property management service to the Clients.
This is a role is diverse offering variety day to day and will necessitate attending client meetings. The role offers autonomy within a supportive environment and great opportunities for career development.
- Directly managing Shopping Centres with limited supervision in the North West and North East.
- Client liaison ensuring full understanding of your Client's objectives and instructions.
- Act as a contact for the Client in respect of all matters relating to your property and ensure the company is always acting within its delegated authority; in accordance with business plan and the Client's instructions.
- Assist with the Co-ordination of the team to deliver the Management Service on your assets and meet the Client's requirements.
- Client reporting on all aspects of Property Management.
- Attending periodic formal Client review meetings and presentations
- Working closely with centre managers
- Involvement with the Client’s sustainability & Health and Safety agenda
What you must possess:
- The position will require good client relationship skills and an eye for detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Strong verbal and numerical skills and be comfortable with report writing.
- Customer-service driven and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, manage time and assist in meeting deadlines
- Practical understanding of commercial property management
- MRICS Qualified (not essential if experience is satisfactory)
- Must be willing to manage properties in a variety of locations
- Ideally will have experience of shopping centre, retail park or high street retail management.
- A team player but with existing team management experience and leadership potential
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients
- Strategic agility (e.g. can present credible visions of possibilities & likelihoods)
- People management skills, particularly motivating & developing others
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley MRICS at Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 for further information.