Are you an experienced Planning Consultant within the built environment looking to focus your skills around stakeholder engagement, consultation and PR strategies? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to play a critical role in leading and delivering projects across a range of public and private sector schemes? Then this could be the new challenge you’ve been waiting for!
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with either a Town Planning, Policy Planning or Transport Policy background looking to develop their account management and project management experience, who has a natural flair for stakeholder management and who can confidently deliver complex strategies and schemes.
The agency you would be working for are a fast moving, networked and ambitious. They are dedicated to their clients and customers and lead the way in designing innovative communication solutions for public and private clients across the UK. Their success has been forged through understanding the power of effective communication and developing community engagement within the built environment
What This Role Requires:
- You will work closely with Account Directors to design stakeholder engagement, consultation and PR strategies for a range of client projects, supporting property and regeneration schemes
- You will lead the delivery of these strategies through client liaison, stakeholder analysis and managing the production of communication and reporting
- Managing and organising consultation events, exhibitions and briefings
- Developing and managing media relationships
- Responsible for project finance, budgets and suppliers
- Contributing to proposal documents and pitches for potential client projects
- Keeping up to date on new trends and best practice in consultation and engagement techniques
What They Want From You:
This agency need someone who wants to play a significant role in delivering exceptional service which will have a lasting and positive impact on the community and economy. Someone who works hard to achieve both individually and as part of a team.
This means they want someone who:
- Has a strong project management background within the property/regeneration/housing and transport sectors.
- Is well versed in planning systems and structures of local government
- Who will be able to make quick and effective decisions and enjoy coordinating and planning activities and events
- Who has a proven track record in developing multifaceted client, stakeholder and community relationships and enjoys the complexities around managing these relationships
- Who is very technically capable with a solid understanding of communication and consultation practices
- Who has impeccable written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in face to face situations that other people would find daunting
This role will support projects across the UK which will mean travel to meetings and events. Ideally you will be based from the agency’s Sheffield office, however, there would also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to be based in Manchester. There will also be occasional evening and weekend events.
If you haven’t found the right place to channel your creativity, with a company that values different viewpoints and a shared passion for finding the best solution to deliver the best service, then you need to contact me today so I can tell you more about this opportunity.