We require an exceptional Commercial Lawyer for a Legal 500 Firm, to be based in their Manchester office.
Salary circa£60k, negotiable depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
This firm provide a comprehensive range of commercial services encompassing commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, competition, procurement and state aid, and strategically supporting supply chain management. Clients are in various sectors such as retail, transport and logistics, media, pharmaceutical, insurance and technology and, within the public sector, universities, police forces and local authorities. They have expertise in IT contracts, joint ventures, collaboration and partnership agreements, public-private projects, agency and distribution agreements, supply chain agreements and franchising. The team has been shortlisted for Corporate/Commercial team of the year at this year’s Legal Awards.
- To advise and support clients on all matters relating to commercial law, including drafting, negotiating and advising upon the risks connected with agreements in both private and public sector
- To assist partners with all manner of commercial work including, but not limited to, general commercial, GDPR, data protection and IP/IT matters
- To develop and build upon own case load of commercial matters whilst supporting partners with larger scale matters
- To draft, review and negotiate a range of agreements
- To take an active role in business development
- To train, supervise and develop junior team members
The person specification
- 7-10 years PQE with a good grounding in commercial law
- Strong experience of commercial work drafting and negotiating supply, services, consultancy, agency, franchising, outsourcing and general commercial contracts and advising on how to manage associated risks
- Experience of GDPR, data protection, IP/IT and competition law drafting and advice
- High level of commercial awareness with strong attention to detail and good drafting skills
- Conscientious, self-motivated, hardworking, responsive, with critical thinking abilities and excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team within the national Commercial team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
- Methodical, organised approach
- Passionate about growth, generating work opportunities both internally and externally
- Passionate about operational excellence generating work opportunities through great service delivery and improving the client experience
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, tight timetables, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time
- Healthcare cover
- Pension Plan (3% rising to a maximum of 6%)
- 4x salary Life Insurance
- Travel loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee Care scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Microsoft Home Use Programme (purchase Microsoft software for home use at heavily discounted prices)
- Optical cover
- Dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts: great offers and discounts to all employees.
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role
“Apply Now” or contact email@example.com or call 0151 242 1630 / 07858 388 799