£35-£50k basic salary (negotiable dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
7 months ago
Job Title: Principal Planner (Town Planning)
Location: Bracknell, Greater London
Salary: £35-£50k basic salary (negotiable dependant on experience) + excellent benefits
Are you a Senior/ Principal Planner who enjoys working on varied and complex projects? Would you like to work for one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies in the development sector? This is a really exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Planner to develop a career within an award winning organisation that is able to combine local knowledge with nationwide presence. Due to their continuous growth my client are looking for a Principal Planner to join their talented Bracknell office which was established over 10 years ago the integrated team take on a variety of planning works.
A nationwide consultancy in the development sector, covering the full 360 process from planning through to design & delivery. With multiple offices nationwide and over 200 staff, they are able to combine local knowledge whilst having nationwide presence & offer independent consultancy spanning across private & public sectors. Some of these include; Agriculture, Commercial, Residential, Retail & much more guaranteeing that “no two days are the same”. From major supermarket developments through to world heritage sites this is an exciting opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Planner to gain exposure to a variety of challenging & complex projects. As they continue to grow they are looking for like minded & ambitious individuals to help develop the business further, in turn offering rapid career progression for a motivated Principal Planner. The company are keen to continue expand organically & geographically through building long lasting business relationships & the development of their talented workforce which has included expansion into new disciplines creating exciting opportunities for career development. They pride their success to the “most valuable asset” - their people.
Their Bracknell office was established over 10 years ago & has a wealth of experienced & talented individuals. A snippet of some of the projects that the Bracknell office have been involved with include:
- Assisting a local council with outline planning permission for a residential scheme comprising over 180 dwellings, working in conjunction with their in house design team to provide planning, design, landscaping and heritage services.
- Assisting a private land owner in obtaining planning permission for a major development comprising over 500 dwellings.
- Planning and public consultation for a local council for a mixed use specialist SEN village. The proposal included community facilities, sport and leisure services, and a school.
The ideal MRTPI chartered Principal Planner must be excited to contribute to business development & attend social events to engage with new clients, so you will need to be a confident communicator, ideally with a background in consultancy. You will be responsible for managing & delivering multiple projects across a multitude sectors as well as negotiation of section 106 agreements. Key tasks include:
- Taking job enquires & preparing fee proposals
- Research planning histories & assessment of planning policy criteria
- Liaising with professional bodies & progressing planning applications through the planning system
- Preparing Planning Design & Access Statements including appeal statements
- Attending planning committees, events & exhibitions as required
As a core member of the team you will be expected to work independently & as part of a team, in return for your efforts they offer a commitment to “train, guide and lead” in order to meet your career goals.
Struggling to talk during office hours? Email me and we can arrange a convenient time to speak. Don’t have an up to date CV? Don’t panic, just get in touch, we are here to help.