5 months ago
Bristol based Masterplanning team with an exceptional reputation and strong team are looking for a talented, passionate and creative Urban Designer or Senior Urban Designer to join their team.
The team boasts strong relationships across all disciplines in the business (Architects, Town Planners etc) and as a result you have the opportunity to be a part of diverse team across different specialisations.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate excellent experience working on UK residential schemes, have an interest in Masterplanning and detailing housing developments.
Your role will include (but not be restricted to):
- Working across UK based projects (predominantly national housing). Supporting with planning permission for new communities (200 – 8,000 dwellings)
- Conducting site, context and character appraisals
- Development of exciting and deliverable visions for new settlements
- Working on master plan drawings, detailed illustrations to support design principles
- Support production of comprehensive design and access statements
- Assisting the team to produce comprehensive design codes
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of jobs
- Working alongside communities and stakeholders through collaborative workshops and public exhibitions
- Liaising with other technical professionals to ensure the technical deliverability of projects
Ideal candidate Profile:
- MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Experience in working across UK residential and mixed development masterplans
- Strong design background
- Excellent proven skills in Cad, AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator and Microsoft
- Produce high quality hand drawings
- Strong eye for detail
Open to travel when required