A Private Equity backed and well-established Residential Property Company that specialises in the Build-to-Rent sector is looking to appoint an Investment Director to its’ northwest based team and help with its’ continued portfolio growth.
This award-winning company retains complete ownership of the high-level schemes and neighbourhoods that it designs, builds, and maintains and has already created more than 1,500 homes, which shall be more than quadrupled within the next 5 years, having substantial financial backing to ensure these aspirations are met.
This new senior position of Investment Director, which has not previously existed within the company, shall work alongside and be an integral part of an experienced, professional, and established team who are involved in all aspects of the development cycle and who can create a strong pipeline and assist in the acquisition of identified land/sites to help scale the business and achieve targets.
Core responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the investment and delivery strategy for new acquisitions within a primarily single-family home build to rent strategy.
- Source investment opportunities including new build development, forward funding and standing stock acquisitions
- Lead investment underwriting; underwriting and executing investments, financial modelling and presentation to SLT of investment papers and cashflow models both providing context of their impact on the overall portfolio
- Champion and consider brand, quality, target occupiers, ESG characteristics to build a homogenous portfolio
- Following acquisition tracking asset business plans and performance
- Stay current on local market dynamics, understand how each asset is competitively positioned in its respective market including rents, lease terms, vacancy, supply/demand fundamentals, construction costs and other pricing parameters.
- Provide strategy oversight of value drivers in the Build to Rent market
- Key role in debt financing supporting the finance director
- Growth & Promotion of The Business
- Track record of relevant residential investment and Build to Rent experience, or similar.
- A proven track record of residential or residential alternative markets
- Ideally, candidates will be able to demonstrate an existing network of local property advisors and connections
- A strong operational and financial management background as well as a well-developed understanding of key investment performance drivers is required Ability and confidence in reporting and presenting within the organisation from local level to board/investor level.
- General understanding of residential fundamentals as well as familiarity with property related funding, tax, title and legal issues Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate smooth communication and coordination
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
- Ability to handle a large volume of work; good organisational skills and proven ability to take ownership, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Solution oriented with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and add value
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ambitious, energetic, tenacious and driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude and an ‘ideas’ person.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- MRICS/FRICS (preferable)
A Competitive Salary is on offer, depending upon the relevant experience of the successful candidate.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to join and lead within this specialist and successful team. You should be commercially focused, have an excellent track record of delivery and be happy working both independently and as part of the team.
To submit an Expression of Interest or proceed directly with your application, please contact Andrew Kingsley and/or email a copy of your latest relevant CV via:
M: 07879 413 765
N.B. Kingsley is the Sole Agency retained on this assignment and all direct and third-party applications shall be forwarded to Kingsley without further notification.